Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Take a Stand.

I am sure everyone here has heard about the recent event of Troy Davis' execution. If not, you're living under a fucking rock. Which also means you shouldn't be on this computer. Give that nice human their computer back and kindly return to your rock.

If you're still here and have no clue what I am talking about and the computer IS yours, if you found my blog you can find Google. Do yourself a favor and learn to be self sufficient. Consider that a lesson in modern day survival.

In any case, in one of the interviews done a day or two prior to Davis' untimely death, he expressed that he would not be disappointed if he was not exonerated. He explained to the interviewer [yes, next time I will link to sources. It is 5:13 am and I haven't slept yet, and as I said before, you can learn to be self sufficient] that not being exonerated would only make his story more known, and cause people to understand how fucked up our judicial system really is.

Now, you can argue whether or not this man was guilty. Keep your beliefs, that was not the point. The point in this little rant right here was that a man on death row, who was possibly innocent, was not afraid to die at the hands of the law to make his story known.

I leave you now with a story I argued with my own mother about...about a man who died for his beliefs and his story. Personally, I had chills that someone in today's society had enough fucking balls and passion to take it this far. Obviously my mother did not agree, but I think this is fucking beautiful.

I dare you to not grow the balls to stand up for yourself in your every day life. It is time for a change.

1 comment:

  1. For me, whether or not he is guilty almost isn't the point. Regardless of how one feels about Troy, its demonstrable that innocent people ARE sometimes convicted and their lives are ruined, and guilty people DO sometimes go free. Clearly, something needs to change.

    But I agree, Troy was a strong man and had some courage to face his fate like he did.

    ReplyDelete